2024 Department Head Certification Training
July 10 - 12, 2024
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Information concerning the 2024 Department Head Certification Training (DHCT) workshop will published as it becomes available.
The DHCT is held alternate years in conjunction with the Leadership Development Workshop (LDW). This year's LDW is July 10 - 12, 2024 at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.
DHCT attendees must register for both the DHCT and the LDW.
For more information about the Department Head Certification Training, contact:
Mark Tillman, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Leadership Development Workshop, contact:
For more information about the Leadership Institute, contact:
Doug Hochstetler at email@example.com
About Department Head Certification Training
NAKHE’s strategic plan clearly articulates an investment in “creating and sustaining leadership opportunities for members.” Many new department heads (DH) and other leaders have little to no training before stepping into their roles. Similarly, there are few discipline-specific comprehensive leader training programs designed for the unique challenges faced by kinesiology administrators. Therefore, as part of its Leadership Institute, NAKHE developed a year and a half training and support program for kinesiology administrators and those aspiring to assume the role of department head. The Department Head Certification Training includes the following:
- Self-assessment and professional/leadership goal development
- Face-to-face training (DHCT summer workshop)
- Attendance at the Leadership Development Workshops (LDW) following the DHCT summer workshop and the LDW the following year.
- 18-month mentor/protégé relationship
- Leadership project development and implementation
- Participation in a Panel Discussion during the Annual NAKHE Conference - Project update presentation
- DHCT Mentor Feedback
- Project presentation at the NAKHE Annual Conference
- Certificate of Completion awarded during the NAKHE Conference
Information concerning the 2024 Department Head Certification Training (DHCT) application will published as it becomes available.