The National Association for Kinesiology in Higher Education is an organization for professionals in higher education. Its purpose is to provide a forum for interdisciplinary ideas, concepts, and issues related to the role of kinesiology subdisciplines in higher education with respect for social, cultural, and personal perspectives.
Why Affiliate with NAKHE? NAKHE is a small professional organization composed of Kinesiology professionals from the areas of teacher education, basic instruction, recreation management and other areas. Membership of NAKHE is composed of professionals just underway to those at the pinnacle of their careers. Regardless of experience or faculty rank, NAKHE offers opportunities to advance one's professional contributions through scholarly and service activities.
In addition, NAKHE members benefit from:
- The International Journal of Kinesiology in Higher Education (IJKHE)
- Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport
- Opportunities for networking
- Opportunities for collaboration with other professionals
- Opportunities to present in national venues
- Opportunities for leadership development and leadership