2022 NAKHE Annual Conference
The 2022 NAKHE Annual Conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel from January 5-8 in Phoenix, Arizona. The conference theme is Embracing the Future: Navigating a Hybrid World.
The 2022 NAKHE Conference will focus on how leaders can effectively utilize technology and creativity to lead during trying times. While we have all faced the COVID-19 pandemic this is not the only hard to deal with an issue facing higher education. Budget cuts, institutions dealing with natural disasters, national and local social unrest, political legislation that affects institutions, are all major factors that force leaders to do their most creative work for students, staff, faculty, and institutions. Using technology effectively to navigate during trying times is a must. Presentations will be grouped together with other related presentations for each session. The conference is scheduled to be face-to-face with 1 full virtual day of presentations. All face-to-face concurrent sessions will be available for virtual attendees via the Whova App. All named lectures and awards will be live-streamed for our virtual attendees. Face-to-face and online spots will be available for the following types of presentation:
- Oral Presentations: Speakers will have 15 minutes to present, followed by 2-3 minutes for questions and answers.
- PetchaKucha: A PechaKucha is a type of presentation where speakers have 20 chosen images or slides and 20 seconds to explain each slide. That is 400 seconds or 6 minutes and 40 seconds to present your topic. That is a 7-minute presentation with about 3 minutes for dialogue or questions.
- Virtual Poster Presentations: NAKHE will provide speakers with a 4-slide PowerPoint template to design a “poster”. The virtual posters will be on Twitter, where conference attendees can “view” the posters at any time and leave feedback and questions for the speaker. For those without a Twitter account, NAKHE will post on their behalf and share comments/questions with the presenter.
- Face-to-Face Poster Presentations: The presenter is responsible for printing and transporting the poster to the conference. Posters should be no larger than 48” X 60 “.
- Workshops: Speakers will be given 45 minutes to provide specific activities geared towards the conference theme.
All proposals must align with NAKHE’s mission statement and include details about how it fits with one or more of the following conference strands.
- Meeting the Needs of Today’s Students: In this strand, presentations will focus on how faculty can effectively engage a new generation of students in course work using multiple modalities.
- Advocating Via Virtual Formats: In this strand, presentations will focus on advocacy practices for funds and FaceTime with various stakeholders necessary to keep our programs and our institutions moving forward.
- Leading During Trying Times: In this strand, presentations will focus on best practices for leaders when times get tough.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: In this strand, presentations will focus on transforming our institutional practices (hiring, civility, mentoring, promotion and tenure) to be more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Instructional Physical Activity Programs: In this strand, presentations will have a specific focus on instructional physical activity programs. Presentations tied to the conference theme are preferred, but all proposals about instructional physical activity programs will be considered.
- Coaching: In this strand, presentations will have a specific focus on coaching education in higher education. Presentations tied to conference themes are preferred, but all proposals about coaching education will be considered.
- Open Sessions: In this strand, work that may not fit the conference theme but aligns with NAKHE’s mission statement or strategic plan will be presented.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The call for proposals has closed. The submission deadline was August 1st.
Questions about the conference should be directed to:
NAKHE Vice President
ALL MEALS AND RECEPTIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE
|Registration Type||Registration Fee||Registration Opens||Registration Closes|
|Virtual Conference Registration: All Member Types||$50||Jun 1, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Professional Member (early fee)||$320||Jun 1, 2021||Nov 1, 2021|
|Professional Non-Member (early fee)||$430||Jun 1, 2021||Nov 1, 2021|
|Emeritus Members (early fee)||$175||Jun 1, 2021||Nov 1, 2021|
|Graduate Student Member (early fee)||$150||Jun 1, 2021||Nov 1, 2021|
|Graduate Student Non-Member (early fee)||$180||Jun 1, 2021||Nov 1, 2021|
|Professional Member||$345||Nov 2, 2021||Dec 1, 2021|
|Professional Non-Member||$460||Nov 2, 2021||Dec 1, 2021|
|Emeritus Members||$200||Nov 2, 2021||Dec 1, 2021|
|Graduate Student Member||$180||Nov 2, 2021||Dec 1, 2021|
|Graduate Student Non-Member||$215||Nov 2, 2021||Dec 1, 2021|
|Professional Member (late fee)||$400||Dec 2, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Professional Non-Member (late fee)||$515||Dec 2, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Emeritus Members (late fee)||$235||Dec 2, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Graduate Student Member (late fee)||$235||Dec 2, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Graduate Student Non-Member (late fee)||$250||Dec 2, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Guest at Wednesday Evening Social||$20||June 1, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Guest at Thursday Evening Lecture & Reception||$20||June 1, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Guest at Friday Lecture & Luncheon||$35||June 1, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Guest at Saturday Business Breakfast||$35||June 1, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
|Guest at Saturday Lecture & Luncheon||$35||June 1, 2021||Jan 8, 2022|
NAKHE Annual Conference Refund Policy:
- 90% refund for anyone whose cancellation request arrives prior to December 1.
- 50% refund for anyone whose cancellation request arrives between December 2 and prior to the first day of the annual conference.
- 25% refund for anyone whose cancellation arrives during the annual conference.
- 0% refund for anyone whose cancellation request arrives after the last day of the annual conference.
Hotel Reservation Information:
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Phone: +1 602 252 1234
NAKHE Group Reservations
Dates: Wed, Jan 5, 2022 - Sun, Jan 9, 2022
Group Code: G-NKE1
Group Rate: $149 USD
Group Link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/PHXRP/G-NKE1
Any unused rooms in our hotel room block will be released on Monday, December 13, 2021. There is another large event in Phoenix the same week so don't wait until the last minute to reserve your room.
Deposit Policy: Credit Card Guarantee Required
Cancellation Policy: 48 hours prior or 1-night fee
If you need to modify or cancel your group reservation, click here.
If you need assistance, please contact the Hyatt Regency at https://about.hyatt.com/en/contact.html.
Whova, our conference app, can help you arrange ridesharing groups. Whova will be sending out emails to our attendees a few days before the conference to assist in getting you on the app to use the ridesharing platform.
You can use the link below to arrange rideshares without signing into Whova.