Position: Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
Deadline: November 12, 2018
Posted: October 12, 2018
Job Description / Duties
Recruitment Number: F1807
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins November 9, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
The Division of Health & Exercise Science seeks qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor of Exercise Science. This is a full-time tenure-track position at the assistant professor level. The primary teaching assignment will include instruction in motor behavior, sociological and psychological aspects of physical activity, advanced topics in motor behavior, and exercise motivation and adherence. Engaging in exercise science scholarship and providing meaningful service to the division, university and profession is expected.
Western Oregon University is committed to multicultural education and multidisciplinary collaboration. The university strongly encourages applications from scholars from historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LQBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Earned Doctorate (Ph.D.) in exercise science, kinesiology, movement science or closely related field is required (ABD considered if degree requirements are completed prior to September 16, 2019).
• Preference given to candidates with experience as primary instructor for at least three (3) university level courses
Start Date: September 16, 2019
Salary: WOU’s Salary Schedule can be found in Article 16 of the WOUFT-CBA 2017-2020.
Start Date: September 16, 2019
Contact Information: Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Brian Caster, Search Committee Chair, at 503-838-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or email@example.com.
Required application materials:
• A WOU Faculty Application Form (available at www.wou.edu/facultyapp)
• Letter of interest which includes a discussion of your research agenda, your teaching philosophy, and how you create a classroom environment that is welcoming and inclusive for a diverse student body
• Current curriculum vita
• Names and contact information for three (3) references. (Three current letters of recommendation are preferred for initial screening and will be required prior to an interview.)
• Unofficial copy of transcripts for highest degree
Submit Application Materials to:
F1807, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
Western Oregon University
Human Resources Office
345 N. Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361
-OR- E-mail as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org -OR- Fax to 503-838-8144.
Western Oregon University (WOU) www.wou.edu is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. The university serves a large number of first-generation college students. WOU has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students. The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas. The university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 4800 undergraduate and 600 graduate students enjoys a vibrant and close-knit intellectual community.
Western Oregon University is an EO/AA/Veteran/Disability employer
committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.