Position: Assistant Professor for Exercise Science
Deadline: October 13, 2018
Posted: September 14, 2018
Job Description / Duties
Assistant Professor for Exercise Science
Springfield College is seeking an Assistant Professor for Exercise Science within the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies. This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track appointment within the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation beginning August 2019. Expertise in the field, demonstrated excellence in teaching, and a strong commitment to scholarly and service activities are expected. Preference will be given to candidates who can bring diverse perspectives to this growing department and who are committed to teaching and mentoring graduate students. Additional responsibilities include thesis and dissertation advisement, academic advising, and scholarly and service related activities.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Doctorate degree from an accredited institution in Sport Psychology or related discipline.
• ABD for the terminal degree may be considered depending on expected completion date.
• AASP certification (CMPC) is preferred.
• Experience in applied sport psychology.
• Evidence of scholarship and knowledge of professional developments related to area of sport and exercise psychology.
• Demonstrated record of university/college teaching experience preferred.
About Springfield College:
Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics Philosophy -- the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to humanity.
To apply please visit our career site at www.springfield.edu/careers.