Position: Assistant Professor – Exercise Science
Deadline: January 24, 2022
Job Description / Duties
The School of Health and Applied Human Sciences (SHAHS) at UNC Wilmington seeks an outstanding faculty member for an Assistant Professor (tenure track), nine-month position in the School’s Exercise Science program beginning August 2022. The successful candidate will become one of ten Exercise Science faculty members that serve approximately 400 undergraduate Exercise Science majors. The successful candidate will have a wide-ranging background and be able to teach a variety of undergraduate Exercise Science courses, including the Sport Nutrition course in the program (EXS 322). Moreover, the successful candidate will conduct research, publish, write grants, advise students, and provide community engagement and service to the program, school, college, university, and profession.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Doctoral degree in Exercise Science, or a closely related field with at least 18 hours of graduate coursework closely related to Exercise Science. Applicants who are ABD for the terminal degree may be considered depending on expected completion date.
• Evidence of successful college teaching experience in an Exercise Science or closely related curriculum both face-to-face and online.
• Academic preparation and professional experiences that contribute to the ability to teach Sport Nutrition courses.
• Evidence of successful college teaching experiences in Sport Nutrition or related area.
• Evidence of successful college teaching experience in a variety of Exercise Science courses.
• Commitment to a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
• Hold professional certifications associated with Exercise Science or closely related field.
• Demonstrated potential to develop a successful research program and grant activity in Exercise Science.
• Evidence of a commitment to promoting undergraduate student scholarly activity.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with constituents across the college and university.
Please note that the following is required:
1. Cover Letter (2-3 pages in length; please address how you meet the minimum requirements preferred qualifications for this position)
2. Statement on Diversity and Inclusion – addresses how the candidate will contribute to fostering diversity and inclusion in the EXS program and on campus
3. Curriculum Vita
Full posting: https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/22725
All applications have to be submitted through the UNCW Jobs Portal.
For questions please contact School Director, Dr. Steve Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Health & Applied Human Sciences (SHAHS) is one of three schools in the College of Health and Human Services at UNC Wilmington. We have six undergraduate degree programs: exercise science, healthful living and fitness education, public health, tourism, recreation and sport, respiratory therapy, and recreation therapy and graduate programs in athletic training, gerontology and physical education and health teacher licensure. The SHAHS is a growing academic unit with over 1400 students and 52 full-time faculty.