Assistant Professor Department of Family Nutrition and Exercise Sciences Physical Education - Queens College, City University of New York
Position: Assistant Professor Department of Family Nutrition and Exercise Sciences Physical Education
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Job Description / Duties
The Department of Family Nutrition and Exercise Sciences at Queens College-CUNY announces a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor in Physical Education, starting Fall 2022.
* Teach in undergraduate and graduate programs in physical education including such courses as physical education pedagogy and elementary and secondary methods.
* Supervision of student teachers
* Advisement of students
* Establish a research program in physical education pedagogy, wellness, physical activity, or a related field as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, funded research and/or successful grant applications.
* Serve on professional, department and/or college-wide committees.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Earned terminal degree in Physical Education or a related area. Candidates, completing a doctoral degree by time of appointment will receive consideration. Experience in the following areas is preferred: teacher certification, college teaching, pedagogy, and method courses, P-12 teaching, integration of technology, supervision of student teaching, as well as knowledge of accreditation in educational programs
CUNY offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to its faculty, covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number # ID# 23455
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
You can view and apply for this job on CUNY Jobs website https://cuny.jobs/jobs/?q=19092
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications, research focus and teaching philosophy, curriculum vita, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Selected finalists will be required to send three letters of recommendation by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you upload, for example, JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Amercians With Disabilities Act Employer