2019 Annual Conference
January 9-12 - Savannah, Georgia
Best Practices in Kinesiology:
Showcasing our Successes
Lynda Ransdell, NAKHE Vice President
Attention Conference Presenters:
You must be registered by December 1st for your name to be listed in the conference program.
Marriott Savannah Riverfront Hotel
100 General McIntosh Blvd
Savannah, GA 31401
Phone : (912) 233-7722
Start date: 1/5/19
End date: 1/15/19
Last day to book: 12/10/18
This Year's Conference Features
- Pre-Conference Administrative Workshop
- Leadership Institute Activities
- Conference Strands:
- Faculty Development
- Student Success
- Innovative Curricul
- Point/Counterpoint Discussions On:
- Trends in Student Preparation
- Social Media
- Open Access Journals
- Interdisciplinary Collaborations
- Invited Lecturers:
- Delphine Hanna Lecturer: Dr. Jared Russell, Auburn University: "Achieving Inclusive Excellence in Kinesiology: Insights, Strategies, and Perspectives"
- Amy Morris Homans Lecture: Doris Corbett, University of Northern Iowa, Retired: "Promoting the Principles of Civility in NAKHE"
- Dudley Allen Sargent Lecture: Scott Gordon, Kennesaw State University: "Fitting Into our Genes: Evolution of the Health Benefits of Physical Activity"
Want to know what to expect at an annual NAKHE Conference?
Conference Special Events
Thursday Night Haunted Pub Crawl $22 (Not included in registration fee)
Starts 9 pm Thursday night at Tondee's Tavern (6 East Bay Street, Savannah Georgia).
This is an exciting and enjoyable journey into some of Savannah’s oldest historic pubs and bars. During this 2-hour haunted pub crawl, we will visit 4 of the most historic pubs and bars that Savannah has to offer. The haunted pub crawl leaves Tondee’s Tavern on Bay Street on Thursday night at 9 pm. After grabbing a drink in this very haunted bar the tour will work our way through the Historic District of Savannah, stopping at the most haunted pubs and bars along the way. You’ll be entertained by your professional guide as they recall the stories of ghosts and hauntings which still torment the living. This is an adult’s only tour, only for those age 21 and older. Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. The tour goes rain or shine. Limited to 40 participants.
Prepare to Vote on Changes to NAKHE Bylaws
The Bylaws Committee has recommended some changes to the NAKHE bylaws. These changes will be discussed and voted on during the business meeting at the Annual NAKHE Conference in January.
Congratulations 2018 Award Winners!
These recipients will be honored at our January 2019 conference in Savannah.
Administrator of the Year Award
Dr. Jackie Lund, Georgia State University
Distinguished Scholar Award
Dr. Tim Baghurst, Oklahoma State University
Distinguished Service Award
Dr. Donna Woolard, Campbell University
Distinguished Teaching Award
Dr. Jody Langdon, Georgia Southern University
Hally Beth Poindexter Yound Scholar Award
Dr. Justin Haegele, Old Dominion University
2019 Conference Registration Rates & Fees
ALL LECTURES, MEALS AND RECEPTIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE
Special Event - Thursday Night Pub Crawl - Not Included in Registration Fee
Membership Category Cost
Professional Member Registered by 11/1/18 $320
Professional Member Registered by 12/1/18 $345
Professional Member Registered On-site $400
Professional Non Member Registered by 11/1/18 $430
Professional Non Member Registered by 12/1/18 $460
Professional Non Member Registered On-site $515
Emeritus Registered by 11/1/18 $175
Emeritus Registered by 12/1/18 $200
Emeritus Registered After 12/1/18 or On-site $235
Graduate Member Registered by 11/1/18 $150
Graduate Member Registered by 12/1/18 $180
Graduate Member Registered On-site $235
Graduate Non Member Registered by 11/1/18 $180
Graduate Non Member Registered by 12/1/18 $215
Graduate Non Member Registered On-site $250
Guest for Wednesday Reception $20
Guest for Thursday Reception $20
Guest for Friday Lunch Lecture $35
Guest for Friday Dinner Banquet (NA) $35
Guest for Saturday Breakfast Business Meeting $35
Guest for Saturday Lunch Lecture $35
Thursday Night Haunted Pub Crawl $22 non-refundable
NAKHE Annual Conference Refund Policy:
- 90% refund for anyone whose cancellation request arrives prior to December 1.
- 50% refund for anyone whose cancellation request arrives between December 2 and prior to the first day of the annual conference.
- 25% refund for anyone whose cancellation arrives during the annual conference.
- 0% refund for anyone whose cancellation request arrives after the last day of the annual conference.