Institution: West Virginia University
Department: College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
Position, Faculty Rank: Teaching Assistant Professor – Athletic Coaching Education – Kinesiology
Summary and Application Deadline:
- Provide leadership for the Department of Coaching and Teaching Studies. The ideal candidate will have college teaching in coaching education and/or experience with a national sport governing body’s coaching education program. It is expected that the candidate will provide service to the department and College. The specific responsibilities for the position include:
1. Teaching classes in the athletic coaching education and physical education teacher education programs. A minimum teaching load of 12 credits each semester is required. Classes include anatomy, sport movement analysis, biomechanics, motor learning and career planning in sport.
2. Supervision of students completing internships and field practicums in strength & conditioning.
3. Advising/mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
4. Facilitating technology integration into curriculum.
5. Providing service to the profession and serving on appropriate University and College-wide
- Review of applications begins June 24, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled.
Return to OPERA (Opportunities in Physical Education and Related Areas)