Institution: West Virginia University
Department: College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
Position, Faculty Rank: Teaching Assistant Professor – Athletic Coaching Education – Pedagogy
Summary and Application Deadline:
- Provide leadership for the Department of Coaching and Teaching Studies. The ideal candidate will have college teaching experience. It is expected that the candidate will provide service to the department and College. The specific responsibilities for the position include:
- Teaching classes in the athletic coaching education program. A minimum teaching load of 11 credits each semester is required. Possible classes include introduction to coaching, principles and problems of coaching, and coaching methods.
- Supervision of students completing coaching internships and field practicums.
- Advising undergraduate students.
- Managing Program’s Assessment Plans.
- Facilitating technology integration into curriculum.
- Provide service to the profession and serve on appropriate University and College-wide committees.
- Review of applications begins May 6, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled.
- The position start date is August 16, 2016 – Nine-month appointment. Summer teaching opportunities are available.
Return to OPERA (Opportunities in Physical Education and Related Areas)