The 2007 National Association for Kinesiology and Physical Education in Higher Education National Conference
Marriott Suites on Sand Key, Clearwater, FL
The goal of the 2007 conference is to promote dialogue around the conference theme "Leadership for the Future in Higher Education: Scholarship, Administration, Policy, Preparation for the Professions, and Meeting Society's needs." The following questions provide some direction in the development of proposals for presentations at the 2007 NAKPEHE conference:
- How do we prepare higher education faculty within Kinesiology and Physical Education to be leaders with a global perspective?
- How do we provide leadership opportunities for Kinesiology and Physical Education faculty with administrative ambitions?
- What do we know about the effectiveness of different leadership styles in today's society?
- How do we prepare undergraduates for leadership roles in meeting the issues facing today's society?
- How does social justice and cultural diversity issues influence scholarship and leadership roles in Kinesiology and Physical Education?
- How does the wide variety of disciplines that exist in most departments related to Kinesiology and Physical Education influence effective administration, scholarship and policy making?
- What is the role of a leader within the programs of Kinesiology and Physical Education?
- How do programs in Kinesiology and Physical Education influence the policies of the major institutions in society?
Please join us at the 2007 NAKPEHE Conference in Clearwater to share your ideas regarding the future directions that Kinesiology and Physical Education should take to become leaders in higher education.
To submit a proposal for the 2007 NAKPEHE conference visit: www.nakpehe.org
Proposals are due September 15, 2006
For additional proposal or conference information, contact
Jimmy H. Ishee at email@example.com