Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award
Special Open Paper Competition for Young Professionals
The National Association for Kinesiology and Physical Education in Higher Education (NAKPEHE) would like to invite new professionals, employed for the first time (and for less than 5 years) at an institution of higher education, to participate in a special program at the 2007 conference in Clearwater Beach, Florida. For a seventh year, the Executive Board of NAKPEHE has approved an Open Paper Competition to encourage the development of innovative ideas and discussions from our newest members of the profession. The winner of the Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Open Paper Competition will have the opportunity to present the paper at a special session with the 2007 Sargent Lecturer as a reactor to the presentation. Open Papers should be submitted to Dr. Leah Holland Fiorentino, Florida International University by September 1, 2006. In addition to this unique presentation opportunity, the Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar will be awarded a monetary prize and given a free membership in NAKPEHE for the upcoming year.
If you have any specific questions related to the Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award, please feel free to contact me directly (email@example.com or phone 516-877-4272). If you would like specific conference information, please contact Jimmy Ishee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone ((940) 898-2852), or visit the NAKPEHE web site (www.nakpehe.org).
We hope to see you in Clearwater Beach!
Leah Holland Fiorentino, Ed.D.
NAKPEHE Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award, Chair
NAKPEHE Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award
Call for Papers
A call for papers is made each spring by the National Association for Kinesiology and Physical Education in Higher Education. The NAKPEHE Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award provides an opportunity for the newest members of the higher education profession to present professional papers focusing specifically on interdisciplinary issues facing physical education.
Topics: Original, unpublished research reports, position papers, philosophical statements, or a summary of the present state of an issue may serve as the basis for scholarly papers.
1. Candidates must be full-time faculty members in their first five years of employment at a college or university setting.
2. Submissions may not have been previously published or presented.
3. Selection of papers is made on the basis of scholarly content, organization, and pertinence to the field of physical education from an interdisciplinary perspective. The author who receives the NAKPEHE Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award is invited to present his/her paper at the next annual NAKPEHE conference.
4. The papers will be blind-reviewed by committee.
5. Committee criteria includes; (a) a strong connection to the review of current literature in the field, (b) writing style, (c) originality of idea/concept/style of presentation, (d) practical application potential, and (e) the potential contribution to the field.
6. The body of the paper may not exceed fifteen (15) typed pages, doubled spaced.
1. One paper will be selected for presentation at the annual conference
2. A $250.00 award will be presented to the selected author.
3. A one year free membership in NAKPEHE (including Quest and The Chronicle of Kinesiology and Physical Education in Higher Education subscriptions).
Submit Papers To:
Dr. Leah Holland Fiorentino, Chair Hally Beth Poindexter Young Scholar Award
Dean's Office/College of Education
Armstrong Atlantic State University
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419-1997
Deadline for Submitting Papers:
September 1, 2006 (Acceptance and Notification by October 15, 2006)
Presentation Date and Location:
2007 NAKPEHE Conference, Clearwater Beach, Florida
Dr. Leah Holland Fiorentino