Date April 6, 2005
Name of Office/Committee: Executive Secretary Treasurer
Person Submitting Report: Jackie Lund
|Emeritus 1 (pay no dues)||12||12**||14|
|Emeritus 2 (taking Chronicle only)||7||5||6|
|Emeritus 3 (taking Quest and Chronicle)||10||13||11|
|Emeritus (pay no dues)||4||4||4|
** Seven E1 have not responded; in the past, the Executive Secretary left them on the roster
|Bank of America Checking (4/1/05)||$8894.58||$5,963.17|
|Bank of America Money Market (4/1/05)||$6,856.38||$8,474.04|
|Oppenheimer General Fund (4/1/05)||$19,766.76||$19,558.18|
|Oppenheimer Lecture Fund (4/1/05)||$17,453.58||$16,946.88|
|Oppenheimer Memorial Fund (4/1/05)||$17,295.11||$16,829.74|
|Oppenheimer Diversity Fund (4/1/05||$4,537.94|
Actions since January 2005:
a. Transferred $285 to the Memorial Fund account, $325 into the Lecture Fund account
b. Opened a new account for the Diversity Fund account ($4525)
c. Income taxes were completed ($129) and filed with the IRS
d. Communication with members about various items
e. Mailing to non-renewing members (April 1, 2005)
Comments on budget
1. We have had 82 requests for OPERA with 78 of them paid @ $150. This represents $11,700 in income since July, 2004.
2. In looking at our 2004 expenses, you can see very little wiggle room between income and expenses if OPERA is not in the picture. We will have increased expenses in 2005 because of the AAHPERD booth and Quest. Last year Joy did not give me any expenses although we had budgeted $5000. This year, we will spend all of that if not go over a little. Those 2 items alone are over $6,500.
3. We have not yet received convention income from 2005.
1. Have the Foundations Committee determine a way to use the funds for the various accounts. How large must they be before the interest will be used to fund projects? How will the money be spent?
2. Continue to brainstorm ways to increase the contributions made to the funds.
3. Continue to encourage graduate student membership.
4. Increase dues
Budget summary from 2004
Expenses minus OPERA expenses $22,090.81
Cost per member $85.29
Cost per member for paying members (E1 and EH pay no dues) $90.90
Income minus OPERA income $22,337.24
- Dues $15,025.00
- Conference $6,812.24
- HK sponsor lecture $500.00
Total expenses (includes OPERA) $24,123.21
Total income (includes OPERA) $32,987.24