NAKPEHE OFFICER/COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT FORM
November 30, 2005
Name of Office/Committee: President
Person Submitting Report: Bill Sparks
Progress Report/Tasks Completed:
- Planned and organized Board of Directors meetings in Clearwater, Chicago
∑ Appointed a Task Force to negotiate contract with Human Kinetics
regarding publication of QUEST
- Signed new contract with Human Kinetics
- Created and sent a preliminary agenda to the Board of Directors (Tucson
- Authored Presidentπs message for Sept. and Feb. edition of THE CHRONICLE
- Approved multiple requests for using copyrighted materials from QUEST and CHRONICLE in new publications (journal articles, books, chapters of
- books, etc.
- Appointed individuals (with Boards approval) to fill committee vacancies and those committee chair positions that were rotating off of the Board
- Provided names of committee chairs and members for publication in
- Selected NAKPEHE Lecturers for 2005 Convention
- Appointed a parliamentarian
- Contacted selected scholar lecturers through a written invitation to present
- at The 2005 NAKPEHE Conference.
- Prepared programs for lecturers.
- Created certificates (framed) to present to scholar lecturers at the conference
- Communicated at various intervals with the President-Elect about a variety
of issues regarding her role as incoming President
- Worked with Gloria Robbins regarding site selection for the 2008 conference
- Worked with Membership Chairs to send information to Chairs of Physical
Education/Kinesiology Departments in regards to the merits of NAKPEHE as the organization of choice for higher education physical education and kinesiology professionals.
- Communicated with the Chair of the Future Directions Committee in regards to soliciting information from the committee deliberations as a base
for development of a NAKPEHE strategic plan.
- committee to use as the cornerstone of the NAKPEHE Strategic Plan proposal.
- Developed a Strategic Plan for Board of Directors consideration. Sent out
two drafts of the plan prior to Board Meeting in Tucson for review and
- Communicated with authors of the pro and con position paper that appeared
in the September issue of The Chronicle involving the proposed elimination of gender rotation in the secretary position on the board (requires vote of membership).
Suggestions for Future Plans Related to the Office/Committee
- If approved, continue to develop a substantive Strategic Plan for the organization. Have each Committee Chair develop specific goals that would
integrate into the structure of the Strategic Plan.
- Working with the Future Directions Committee, continue to develop strategies to increase membership that includes but is not limited to:
- (1) Booth at the AAHPERD Convention; (2) Continue to infuse membership
Emphasis in the Strategic Plan. (3) Maintain a regular communication
dialogue with the Board of Directors throughout the year of Presidency.
(4) Other strategies to promote NAKPEHE which is geared toward
Action Required by the Board:
- Selection of 2008 Convention Site